Privacy and disclaimer
At the Clinic
Our clinic collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose and treat illnesses and medical conditions, ensuring we are proactive in your health care. To enable ongoing care, and in keeping with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles, we wish to provide you with sufficient information on how your personal information may be used or disclosed and record your consent or restrictions to this consent.
Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by law, and we respect your right to determine how your information is used or disclosed.
The information we collect may be collected by a number of different methods and examples may include: medical test results, notes from consultations, Medicare details, data collected from observations and conversations with you, and details obtained from other health care providers (e.g. specialist correspondence).
By signing the consent form, you (as a patient/parent/guardian) are consenting to the collection of your personal information, and that it may be used or disclosed by the practice for the following purposes:
- Administrative purposes in running our general
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare
- Follow-up reminder/recall notices for treatment and preventative
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following the
- Accreditation and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of
- For the purposes of research only where de-identified information is
- For the purposes of external audit , clinical supervision or case conferences
- Psychological therapies may require referral and communications via Brisbane Primary Health Networks
- To allow medical students and staff to participate in medical training/teaching using only de-identified
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable
- For use when seeking treatment by other doctors in this
At all times, we are required to ensure your details are treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your records are very important and we will take all steps necessary to ensure they remain confidential.
On this website
We are committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. World Wellness Group is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Crh), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of your personal information
Most of the WWG website can be viewed without providing personal information. Our online forms which may require personal information are submitted and therefore your personal information is consciously submitted.
Use of your personal information
We will only use personal information submitted to us via online forms for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities. We will not use or disclose personal information for other purposes.
For each visitor to reach the site, we collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
Online appointment booking – HotDoc